Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Let the reviewing begin!!

My latest project is this new site, blending my love of writing with my biggest vice. I love to eat. Specifically, I love going out to eat. I do find though, like most people I know, I have only a handful of local places I go to despite the vast number of possibilities. When we decide to go out to eat, why do we limit ourselves to only these places? Looking at my own history I find my tried and trues are all places I was introduced to by trusted friends.

No more, at least not for me. My goal is to try a new restaurant at least once a month (once a week if I can swing it). I will sample whatever the places specials are, and then report back on what kind and how good the food was, quality of service, average pricing, and overall experience. For me, this means a fun opportunity for adventure and exploration (with my lovely assistant Cristen who will be joining me for most of these stops and giving her own opinions as well) without straying too far from home. What this means for you is the same thing we have all come to rely on for finding new places to eat, a friend to point them out.

I look forward to indulging my vice for you in the coming days, and hope to uncover some hidden treasures amongst the Mom & Pop diners and out of the way eateries that litter our town. I plan to start with some of the better known places in the area and work towards the more obscure.

Most importantly I ask for your help. Out of the way places are just that, and hard to find. Please feel free to leave me suggestions on where to go! I would love both locations and stories if you have them, sometimes the best thing about a place is the story behind it and why you like it there!

Cheers,
Mark

2 comments:

  1. You should update more often

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like what you have written so far. I hope to see more from you.

    ReplyDelete